President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni Addressing the nation on the progress of Covid-19 fight in the country on Friday, President Museveni said boda bodas are now allowed to move up to 6pm and they are also allowed to carry strictly one passenger while following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
“But please don’t share masks. Both the rider and passenger sbould strictly wear masks. If they fail, we shall be forced to revise the earlier directive,” Museveni said.
“Curfew time is maintained at 7pm upto 5:30am. All persons except security personnel and those authorized to move should be in their homes. ”
Boda bodas who had been limited to carrying luggage will now start carrying one passenger and allowed to move up to 6:00pm maintain the SOPs.
1.Private vehicles can now operate across district boarders in compliance with the SOPs.
2. Curfew time maintained at 7pm-05:30am
3. Places of worship remain closed for the next 60 days.
4. Burials, weddings and other functions remain limited to only 20 people.
5. Public transport allowed to resume under strict guidelines.
6. Public gatherings like political rallies, concerts and bars remain closed.
7. Comedians and musicians should entertain people virtually.
8. Restaurants, saloons will start operating under strict guidelines.
9. Schools will remain closed until vaccination for all children and teachers is done. Learning will remain virtually on Zoom, Televisions and Radios
10. Malls, arcades and other business centres will now start operating under strict SOPs.
11. Public transport will open at strictly 50% capacity effective Monday 2nd August 2021.