Ugandan musician turned politician Bobi Wine has inspired many people across the world with his struggle to deliver the country from oppression.
Bobi Wine may be the darling of many people but one person who will forever be praised for his successes is none other than his wife Barbie Itungo Kyagulanyi who has been the backbone of the former musician’s journey.
Today through her Instagram, Barbie posted her pictures with Bobi Wine with a caption that has left many Net Citizens admiring to have a woman like Barbie
Barbie Kyagulanyi : I am thankful to God for the day I met you Bobi Wine . What a magical touch!
Fremermedia.co.ug compiled 9 facts of Barbie that prove she is indeed an all round woman, worthy of any man’s attention.
1. Barbie is a multi-talented self-motivated speaker who has always been inspiring young girls all across Uganda through a number of seminars and missions.
Barbie has become a popular role model for many mothers, teenagers and young women.
2. It is important to note that Barbie still possesses her youthful looks despite having turned 35 just recently. FREMERMEDIA.CO.UG understands the mother of four was born in 1985.
3. Barbie comes from the Munyankole tribe.
She was raised in the village of Kyempene, Rugarama Sub County in the south-western part of Uganda, Ntugamo District.
4. Bobi Wine’s wife is the founder of Caring Hearts Uganda which is a non-profit organisation that promotes and enhances the quality of youth through sustainable development, lifelong education and enhancing entrepreneurial skills.
5. Barbie and Bobi met at the Ugandan national theatre in 2000 while she was still at Bweranyangi Girls School. The two were part of a play in which Barbie was the First Lady and Bobi, the President.
6. The lady is a established author who published the book Golden memories of a Village Belle in 2012. The book gives her fans a glimpse of how exciting her childhood was.
7. She is also known for her key contributions to various charity work, cancer awareness, HIV awareness, girl child education awareness, malaria eradication among others.
8. Barbie and Bobi Wine lived together for 10 years before marriage.
Fremermedia.co.ug understands the two held their official wedding on August 27, 2011, at the Rubaga Cathedral and hosted their guests for a reception at the Serena Hotel in Kampala.
9. Bobi Wine is Barbie Kagulanyi’s first boyfriend. Barbie had never been in a relationship with any other man before meeting Bobi wine
– Barbie has always been praised and hailed for standing by Bobi Wine through thick and thin
– The mother of three is a philanthropist, author and a self-motivated speaker
– Barbie and Bobi met at the Ugandan national theatre in 2000 while she was still at Bweranyangi Girls School